TX States rules for KEN battles:
The winner of the best 2 out of 3 Ken games move on to the next level.
It seems like everywhere I go people have different rules for games of KEN. Just to make them absolutely clear, so there are no discrepancies and everyone has a fair shake, these are the rules that we play by out here.
1. Earthturn off decides who sets first
2. Ken or tama must start hanging
3. A line must end with the spike in the hole whether ken, tama, or etc. grip
4. The opponent has two tries to match the trick. However, if you are on your last letter you get 3.
5. You can bring up to 3 kendamas to alternate between but they must be present and near you at the start of the game
6. You can use your opponent’s kendama to match their trick if you need
7. You must remember your line and be able to explain it to your competitor if asked. If you can’t agree or remember you are given a do over.
8. Try to keep your lines under 10 seconds. Please refrain from super long spacewalk or cup lines.
9. No repeat lines verses the same opponent.
10. Most importantly have fun and push yourselves